Optimization of Logistic Systems
Another important activity of ESALQ-LOG Group is the development of mathematical models that can support logistical decisions. These decisions include:
- Location of multimodal infrastructures and storage units.
- Agricultural planning for the selection of cultures to be planted/harvested (e.g., sugarcane, tomato, soybean, milk, citrus, flowers, among others).
- Evaluation of impacts from new transportation infrastructures.
- Estimation of the production capacity for selected agroindustries.
- Simulation of transportation costs (for roadways and railways).
These tools can be part of specialized Decision Support Systems, which can be integrated with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).